Ultrarunner fighting Atrial Fibrilation (AF)

This blog has pretty much always been about running ultras, mostly Hardrock. It still is but now it is also about running after AFib. I was forced to miss Hardrock in 2011 due to the onset of AF but my long term goal was to get back to running milers. And hopefully help any other runners with AF who stumble upon this site. I never made it into Hardrock in 2012, or 2013, or 2014. I didn't have a qualifier for 2015. I ran Fatdog in Canada instead. That was tough. I finished my 4th Hardrock in 2016 and now I'm back to try for the magical number 5.

If you want the history of my AF the heart problems all started back on May 25 2011: http://howmanysleeps.blogspot.com/2011/05/out-of-hardrock.html

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Fun run

Hammies are a little sore today after the tough session yesterday so
took it easy with just a couple of hours on the bike. Felt good and
cruised through the hills. I think losing those couple of extra kilos
that I've been carrying is really making a difference. That and all the
strength work in the gym is starting to pay off. Tomorrow Wendy makes
her racing debut with the Dawnbuster funrun around town. I haven't run
it since I was a member of the local running club years ago but she
wanted a target to build up to and the 5.5 km was achievable in the
time frame we had. I will run with her as pacer and possibly run home
to get a few more kms in to end the year on a positive note. Roll on
2007.

No comments: