Ultrarunner fighting Atrial Fibrilation (AF)

This blog has pretty much always been about running ultras, mostly Hardrock. It still is but now it is also about running with AF. I was forced to miss Hardrock in 2011 due to my AF but my long term goal was to get back to a level where I could enter the lottery for 2012. And hopefully help any other runners with AF who stumble upon this site. I never made it into Hardrock in 2012, or 2013, or 2014. I didn't have a qual for 2015. I ran Fatdog in Canada instead. That was tough. Now back to Hardrock.

The heart problems all started back on May 25: http://howmanysleeps.blogspot.com/2011/05/out-of-hardrock.html

Friday, October 13, 2006

Niggles and going soft

The entry is in for Brindy. If I worried about every pain I got I'd
never run. Someone suggested the soft option of doing the half-Brindy.
Not likely. That's just not Mellum. Next they'll suggest I should do a
track race! Or worse: join a squad and get a coach! :P
Won't be doing much between now and heading up to Canberra but hey, do
I ever? This will be my last big hit out before GNW. That is the focus.
Finish the year with a big one. GNW or bust.

1 comment:

Horrie said...

Glad to see my comment about you doing the Bull's Head Challenge did the trick and fired you up Whippet. Hopefully I will get through Fitzroy Falls in one piece and I will be joining you.