Ultrarunner fighting Atrial Fibrilation (AF)

This blog has pretty much always been about running ultras, mostly Hardrock. It still is but now it is also about running after AFib. I was forced to miss Hardrock in 2011 due to the onset of AF but my long term goal was to get back to running milers. And hopefully help any other runners with AF who stumble upon this site. I never made it into Hardrock in 2012, or 2013, or 2014. I didn't have a qualifier for 2015. I ran Fatdog in Canada instead. That was tough. I finished my 4th Hardrock in 2016 and now I'm back to try for the magical number 5.

If you want the history of my AF the heart problems all started back on May 25 2011: http://howmanysleeps.blogspot.com/2011/05/out-of-hardrock.html

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Blog Silliness

There seems to be this compulsion to write blogs. I'm yet to be
convinced of the justification of such egotistical practices. Spend a
day with sick and dying people and do you really need the
self-indulgence that this form of expression demands? But on the other
hand perhaps it is the ideal forum to vent your spleen, climb up on
your soap box, or just ruminate at your leisure. Hmmmm.

WS2006 is approaching rapidly. I will be glued to the web master thingy
and immersing myself in the race from afar. I hope John gets his
buckle. Such a huge effort and commitment. I envy him being there but
look forward to my own opportunity.

Only 18 sleeps until WS2006.

3 comments:

tim said...

apparently 1000's of people died whilst waiting for your blog entry!

what do we want? More blogging!
When do we want it? NOW!!

Spud said...

It's a diary, what's your problem? ;-)
Besides running ridiculously long miles and traveling to do WS2007 is also "selfish", 'tis the nature of the sport of ultrarunning.

undercover brother said...

hey if youre gonna call me cranky dave youve gotta call phil and tim something equally as rude (and appopriate)